Needless to say, HP HDX 18 is an ideal desktop replacement. If you are tired of your desktop, you now have enough reason to use HP HDX 18 laptop. Let's talk about it here.
HDX18 is 18.4-inch laptop with a TV tuner, the fastest processor (2.8 GHz), dual 160-GB hard drives running at 7,200 rpm, and a huge pantload of RAM. It is also a perfect multimedia laptop. Its massive screen almost requires you to watch some HD content from a Blu-ray disc or your telly. Excellent graphical performance will please all but the most stuck-up gamers. So if you are a gamer, you have enough reason to choose HDX 18 as your gaming laptop.
There are 3 main reasons to choose HP HDX 18:
- Attractive, polished design;
- Big 16:9 screen is perfect for HD video content;
- Includes Blu-ray drive and media remote.
Another cool reason is its very affordable price, it's only $2,000. This is very cheap for such a quality gaming laptop. This is why so many people choose it as their first gaming laptop.
HP HDX 18 Specs:
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 (2.8GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6MB Level 2 cache)
- Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
- Memory: 4GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (800MHz)
- Hard drive: 2 x 160GB (7200rpm)
- Screen:18″ HD HP Ultra Brightview Infinity glossy display (1920 x 1080)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT with 512MB GDDR3
- Optical drive: Blu-Ray multi-drive
- Ethernet, VGA, HDMI, docking station port, microphone in, two audio out jacks, three USB ports, eSATA/USB, 5-in-1 card reader, ExpressCard slot, built-in TV tuner
- Wireless: 802.11a/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0
- Battery: 8-cell Lithium-ion battery (73W)
- Dimensions 17.17″ x 11.26″ 1.33-1.72″ (WxDxH)
- Weight: 8.94 lbs.
But I have to say, HDX 18 is not a perfect laptop, just like other laptops, HDX 18 has its own drawback, such as overly glossy and fingerprint-prone; merely average battery life. Of course these are not big problems. We can even ignore them.
HP HDX 18 has Altec Lansing speakers, which lie above the touch panel, produced loud, theater-quality sound. It doesn’t have Dolby True 5.1 Surround Sound like the 8920G; instead, it comes with Dolby Home Theater software, which simulates the surround sound experience. This is wonderful for those who need such function.
So what do you think about HP HDX 18?