Today we are going to talk about Acer Aspire One D150, which is now the favorite netbook for most people, people are talking much about it. Needless to say, it is one of the most popular netbooks currently, so I think I should share it with you guys today.
The Acer Aspire D150 is a 10.1-inch netbook with an Intel Atom Processor N280, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, and Windows XP Home OS. Such configuration is good enough for a netbook, people are satisfied with it.
With the basic Intel Atom/1GB RAM/XP setup, you'll get a similar experience to using a netbook such as the HP Mini 1000 or Lenovo S10, but there are a handful of trade-offs for the Aspire One D150‘s price. Although the keyboard is large enough for comfortable typing, the tiny touchpad and mouse buttons (on a flimsy rocker bar) are painful to use. Also, while the extended six-cell battery runs for up to 6 hours, it makes the whole package relatively heavy. Note that our test unit had a slightly beefed-up six-cell battery compared to what it will finally ship with.
- Very affordable
- Improved touchpad
- Speedy hard drive
- Svelte chassis
- Keyboard a bit cramped
- Touchpad button too small
- Bluetooth not included
The new Acer Aspire D150 is available in blue, white, red and black. There are 4 netbooks in the Acer Aspire D150 series:
- Acer Aspire One AOD150-1165
- Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920
- Acer Aspire One AOD150-1669
- Acer Aspire One AOD150-1577
Of course, these are just the four main netbooks in this series, there are also some others.
As a super popular netbook, the Acer Aspire D150 comes with a lot of wonderful features, let's take a look.
- Acer’s newest compact netbook is built to enhance your mobile lifestyle, weighing only 1.18 kg and boasting up to 7-hour battery life for extended fun and productivity while you're on the move!
- The new 10.1” WSVGA high-brightness LED backlit display with a resolution of 1024×600 pixels offers a sharp display.
- The D150 features an Ethernet and three USB ports as standard as well as Wifi 802.11b/g with Acer Signal Up technology which enhances wireless signal by optimising the location of the antenna on the netbook allowing you to stay connected further from the Wifi base station and with stronger reception.
- Using Intel’s Atom N280 (1.66 GHz) processor made from the world's smallest transistors, the new Aspire One is more than capable in everyday tasks delivering speedy performance while maintaining long battery life.
- With a large capacity 160 GB hard drive you can store hours of music and videos and whit the multi-in-1 card reader you can share photos, films and files with ease.
These are just the main features, there are also more, you can enjoy them by yourself when you get the netbook.
- Processor manufacturer: Intel
- Processor model: Atom N270
- Clock speed: 1.6 GHz
- RAM installed: 1024 MB
- Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g
- Wireless WAN: HSPA (optional)
- Hard drive size: 160 GB
- Graphics processor: Intel GMA 950
- Display diagonal size: 10.1 in
- Case form factor: small form-factor clamshell
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 26.0×3.34×18.5 cm
- Weight: 1.33 kg
- Operating system: Windows XP
Price: As low as $319.99 (on Amazon)
This is another reason why so many people are falling in love with the Acer Aspire D150 netbook, it is really a very cheap price.
Now let's watch a video review about the Acer Aspire D150.
Acer Aspire One D150 Hands on
So what do you think about the Acer Aspire One D150 netbook?