Of course, you know Apple MacBook is the thumb in laptop marketing, there are so many fans out there. This is why we always pay high attention on Apple laptops. Today we are going to talk about their latest super popular notebook, Apple MacBook Pro MC118LL/A, which is of course a bestselling laptop on Amazon, but this is not the point, the point is it has enough attraction to catch more and more people’s eyeballs, so let’s find out what the secret is!
Featuring a precision unibody enclosure crafted from a single block of aluminum, the MacBook Pro is thinner and lighter than its predecessor as well as stronger and more durable. But Apple didn’t stop innovating with the body’s design. The MacBook Pro also includes a new 15-inch, LED-backlit glass display (instead of an LCD panel) as well as a glass trackpad that doesn’t include a button (for larger tracking area) that features Apple’s Multi-Touch technology.
As a 15.4″ laptop, Apple MacBook Pro MC118LL/A is best for those who require large screen other than 13.3 small screen, so this laptop is loved by designers and photographers. It has great function for them.
This 15-inch MacBook Pro (model MC118LL/A) also now includes Apple’s innovative built-in notebook battery for up to 7 hours of wireless productivity on a single charge without adding thickness, weight or cost. Using Adaptive Charging and advanced chemistry first introduced with the 17-inch MacBook Pro the built-in battery delivers up to 1000 recharges before it reaches 80 percent of its original capacity–nearly three times the lifespan of conventional batteries.
MC118LL/A laptop is powered by a powerful 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (with 3 MB L2 cache and 1066 MHz front-side bus), which runs applications faster and more efficiently as well as helps to reduce power requirements and save on battery life. And video is powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor, which provides an outstanding everyday graphics experience with up to a 5x performance boost. It includes a 250 GB hard drive, 4 GB of installed RAM (which can be upgraded to 8 GB), an 8x combo Superdrive (for burning dual-layer DVDs as well as CDs), built-in Gigabit Ethernet for high-speed networking, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), FireWire 800 port, Mini DisplayPort video output (for DVI and VGA connections), and a Secure Digital card slot for easy access to digital photos and audio stored on SD and MMC memory cards. With such advanced configurations, you can use it to do any tasks without any problem, no wonder so many people say it is a latest perfect Apple laptop.
As a super popular notebook, Apple MacBook Pro MC118LL/A comes with loads of cool features to let people be crazy about it, let’s take a look.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro now includes a newly engineered lithium-polymer battery that that lasts up to 7 hours on a single charge thanks to advanced chemistry, intelligent monitoring of the system and battery, and Adaptive Charging technology.
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Experience improved energy efficiency, expanded wireless connectivity, and amazing battery life with the 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Video Processing & Output
The MacBook Pro delivers both powerful graphics performance and long battery life via the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor, which provides an outstanding everyday graphics experience with up to a 5x performance boost.
Hard Drive and Memory
The 250 GB Serial-ATA (SATA) hard drive (5400 RPM) quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data–akin to USB 2.0. The 4 GB of PC3-8500 DDR2 RAM (two SO-DIMMs of 1024 MB) has an industry-leading 1066 MHz speed, and the RAM capacity can be increased to 8 GB.
The built-in 802.11n wireless networking provides up to five times the performance and twice the range of 802.11g, but it’s also backward-compatible with 802.11a/b/g routers, enabling you to communicate with the a wide variety of Wi-Fi resources.
Video Conferencing with Built-in iSight
Artfully placed in the glass display is an iSight camera, which enables easy video conferencing as well as allows you to snap pictures of yourself and create video podcasts.
These are just the main features MacBook Pro MC118LL/A has, it also has many other cool features.
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), one FireWire 800 (up to 800 Mbps), SD card slot
- Mini DisplayPort compatible with DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI connectors (all optional)
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with the following write speeds: 8x DVD±R; 4x DVD±R DL (double layer); 4x DVD±RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Built-in full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Internal omnidirectional microphone and built-in speakers
- Combined optical digital output/headphone out (minijack)
- Combined optical digital input/audio line in (minijack)
- Kensington lock slot
- Measures 14.35 x 9.82 x 0.95 inches (WxDxH) and weighs 5.5 pounds (including battery)
Needless to say, people can’t deny so many wonderful features, now we can understand why so many people are falling in love with it.
- 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM
- 250 GB hard drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Operating System
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Graphics, 15.4 inch LED Display
Price: $1,994.84 (on Amazon)
This is a luxury price, but of course you know it is absolutely worth that much money, Apple MacBooks always have luxury prices.
So what users said about this perfect Apple MacBook? Let’s take a look.
I bough my first Mac computer not only do I love it its so easy to use. Love everything about this computer so far. Looking forward to the upgrade of the OS to snowleopard.
1. Great performance, dual graphics cards should perhaps help. DDR3 RAM rounds off a nice story
2. Glossy display is great. We’ve used it indoors and in front of a window. LOVE the bright colors and contrast
3. LED backlight helps reduce the thickness and power consumption. You gotta see to believe how thin this laptop is.
So what do you think about the Apple MacBook Pro MC118LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop?