We have reviewed Dell Latitude D630 before, Dell Latitude D620 has become a very popular laptop these days, more and more people begin to love it like crazy. You know what? Dell Latitude D620 was released in 2006, it is a little interesting that people begin to love it now. I think it proves that this is really a quality notebook. So we are glad to review it here.
Dell Latitude D620 is a 14.1-inch laptop for business use. It is designed for users who require performance, mobility and convenience in the workplace. This laptop is very fast having a full 1.6 Ghz of processing speed and plenty of power to run most any programs. With a Intel’s Duo Core processor you’ll be on the cutting edge with the latest in Laptop Processing power. No wonder so many people like it so much.
The D620 is finished in Dell’s familiar matt silver and black colour scheme, and it looks pretty good. There’s a single, polished silver catch that secures the lid at its center. The screen sports a somewhat unusual resolution of 1,440 x 900, something that’s more common in Apple products than Windows based machines. With such resolution, you can use it do design task.
- Affordable price
- Excellent battery life with 9-cell battery
- Reinforced case
- Plenty of component options, such as Intel Core Duo processors
- Excellent security and wireless connectivity features, such as a fingerprint sensor and 3G card
- Outstanding service and support
- No active hard drive protection
- Low Wi-Fi throughput rate
- Some blurring when watching DVDs
Dell Latitude D620 Specifications:
- Processor: Intel Core Duo T2500, 2.00Ghz
- Screen: 14.1″ WXGA+ Wide Screen
- Memory: 1.0GB, DDR2-667, 1 DIMM
- Graphics: Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- HD: 100GB Hard Drive 9.5mm SATA 7200RPM
- Input: Touchpad with UPEK fingerprint reader
- OS: Windows XP Pro, SP2
- 65W AC Adapter
- 8x DVD+/-RW
- Wireless: Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band WLAN (a/g) Mini Card, Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth
- Battery: 9-cell (85WHr) Primary Battery
- Warranty: Next Business Day Parts and Labor with Complete Care Accidental Damage 3 years 6 cell (48WHr) Modular Bay Battery
- Accessories also purchased: D/Dock Docking Station, D/Port Replicator Docking Station, Dell UltraSharp 2007FPW 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Such configuration is not good enough compare to latest laptops, but it doesn’t matter, it can proceed your daily task without any problem.
The most reasonable reason people love Dell Latitude D620 is its price, it’s only $399! How amazing! This is a super cheap price. So D620 is best for those who don’t have money in pocket or don’t want to spend much money on laptop. With a 14.1-inch display and light weight, it is also good for travelers, especially business travelers.
Now let’s take a look at what other people said about Dell Latitude D620.
This is a great laptop for your average/mid-average gamer or just a laptop to browse the internet. The widescreen LCD offers plenty of viewing room.
The cooling system has been moved from under the laptop to the side (where it exhausts to the top left of the system. This allows the laptop to truly be a laptop as the vents cannot be easily covered by your lap or clothing.
I like the stick mouse pointer provided by Dell. I used to be a thinkpad user, so very glad to find this device from Dell. Reliable, will buy again if I want to upgrade in the future.
All in all this laptop works pretty well. It serves our home usage needs. It’s a bit clunky for travel and we do have difficulty between the laptop and docking station occasionally. Based on multiple work and home experiences with Dell, I’m crossing my fingers as I’m starting to think that they program the things to die two months after the end of the warranty period (which just happened to me at work).
I have been using Latitude D620 for last three years now. I never had any issues with it and my use is specially rough (mostly due to software development work I do on it) but it has kep up with me. Sometimes it gets hot which I found fairly common in all dell laptop barnds.
(Via: Google Products)
Price as Reviewed: $250 (on Amazon)
So what do you think about Dell Latitude D620 laptop?