Toshiba Satellite A505-S6020 is a 16-inch laptop equipped with a 2.26GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor, 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM Memory, 500GB Serial ATA Hard Disk Drive (5400RPM). It sports a 16″ CCFL (16:9) 1366×768 Display, NVIDIA GeForce 310M Graphics, DVD SuperMulti Drive with Labelflash, Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), 1.3 megapixel webcam. The laptop runs on Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit Operating System. Needless to say, such a configuration is good enough for any kind of uses, people are super satisfied with it.
As a high-configured 16″ laptop, the Toshiba Satellite A505-S6020 is a perfect desktop replacement, so if you've been tired of your desktop PC, you can replace it with this one. The bright 16-inch LCD (1366 x 768) offers a true 16:9 aspect ratio and 720p native high-definition resolution, and the A505 is great for using as a media center with the touch-sensitive media keys placed above the keyboard. And it's sure to stand out in the crowd thanks to the stunning Fusion Finish in Quantum Black.
What's more, thanks to the built-in webcam and Toshiba Face Recognition software on this machine, you'll enjoy a more convenient way to communicate, log on or share your laptop among the family. So I'm pretty sure you guys will love this Toshiba A505 laptop too.
The Toshiba Satellite A505-S6020 laptop comes with a lot of very cool features, let's take a look.
Features & Specs:
- 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5-430M dual-core processor for smart performance with a speed boost (2.53 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB L3 cache). Intel's Turbo Boost technology maximizes speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload–providing more performance when you need it the most.
- 4 GB of RAM (DDR3; 1066 MHz; upgradeable to 8 GB)
- 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) with an impact sensor that helps safeguard your data by “parking” the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement.
- NVIDIA GeForce 310M with 512 MB of dedicated DDR3 video memory (up to 2267 MB of total available graphics memory) provides up to 10 times the performance of integrated graphics with amazing visuals and Windows 7 compatibility. Let your GPU do the work for video playback with NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology–helping extend battery life, reducing fan noise, and freeing the CPU for multitasking.
- 16-inch widescreen TruBrite HD LED-Backlit display not only renders stunning visuals, but it's more environmentally friendly as it uses less power (1366 x 768 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio).
- 8x SuperMulti DVD drive with double layer support and Labelflash printing, which enables you to personalize your discs and keep them looking attractive and organized with direct-to-disc laser printing.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for greater speed and range.
- 1.3 megapixel webcam with Face Recognition capabilities for added security. And if you're using one laptop for several users–say for the whole family or for a small business–Toshiba Face Recognition lets you switch profiles with one simple look.
- Harman Kardon stereo speakers bring an added dimension to music, movies and gaming with rich, immersive virtual surround sound.
- Dolby Sound Room combines a suite of technologies to deliver truly stunning virtual surround listening from your two laptop speakers, or on headphones for a more immersive private performance.
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- 5-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card
- ExpressCard (34/54) slot lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features.
- Four total USB ports with one eSATA/USB combo port that also features Sleep and Charge capabilities, allowing you to charge your mobile phone and other devices even when the notebook is asleep or off.
- HDMI-CEC audio/video output lets you control additional media players with just a single remote. A standard analog VGA video output is also included.
- Enjoy proactive PC health–without the worry. For your peace mind, this laptop comes with an innovative PC Health Monitor that constantly keeps tabs on things like your machine's power usage, temperature and hard drive–so you won't have to.
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works SE 9.0 for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- 6-cell (5200 mAh) battery
- Weight: 6.48 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.1 x 10.2 x 1.61 inches (WxDxH)
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
- Energy Star 5.0 certified
- Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact.
- RoHS compliant effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances
Of course, these are just the main features this Toshiba laptop offers, you'll find out more when you get the laptop.
Price as Reviewed: As low as $859.62 (on Amazon)
So what do you think about the Toshiba Satellite A505-S6020 TruBrite 16.0-Inch Laptop?